Are you managing field reps and looking for software to increase their performance? The following article provides a checklist for you to verify if portatour® is the best route planning software for you.
portatour® is suitable for your company if …
- your field reps travel by car;
- you know the addresses of the customers to be visited; and
- every field rep visits 4 or more customers per day.
Does all of this apply?
Try portatour® now!
The more complex your tasks, the better portatour® will help, if for example:
- your customers must be visited regularly;
- customers must be visited at different intervals according to their importance;
- existing appointments in the calendar must be taken into account for the schedule;
- customers have limited business hours;
- sales calls have different durations;
- each field rep has more than 100 customers in their territory;
- field reps spend 2 or more hours in the car every day;
- overnight stays on the way need to be included in the schedule;
- appointments are often unexpectedly postponed or cancelled;
- your data is already managed in an ERP or CRM system.
Do one or more of these conditions apply? Then you have found the best route planner for your company!
Try portatour® and get started now!
Why is portatour® recommended as route planning software for field reps?
Time is money, especially for professional outside field reps. With portatour® your team can visit more customers per day while travelling fewer miles.
portatour® calculates daily routes at the push of a button and thus enables visiting the addresses in the shortest possible time and travelling the shortest possible distances.
portatour® is excellent when it comes to planning regular customer calls: you define the intervals of the visits for each customer. portatour® then schedules each customer automatically for the next call on a convenient day and at the same time optimizes the route by scheduling nearby customers for the same day.
Appointments in the calendar are taken into account, spare time is used in the best possible way to achieve additional calls. On the way to an appointment, customers are automatically suggested for a visit if they are due.
Equally, business hours are complied with, working hours are taken into account, possible overnight stays on the way are suggested. There are over 100 different funtions help you to optimize your routes.
Are your customer addresses already available via a CRM or ERP system (e.g. Salesforce and Dynamics CRM) or as files? Companies can profit from numerous possibilities for the integration with CRM/ERP systems and administrative features.
portatour® is the tool of choice for professional field staff in over 100 sectors like such as pharma, consumer goods, industrial and commercial supplies, medical technology, cosmetics, wholesale, paper and stationery products, merchandising, building and construction materials, electronic items, workshop and craftsmen supplies, car components, optics, tobacco products, heating and plumbing, market research, sports and leisure products, clothing and textiles, furniture and fittings, telecommunication, and many more
Read some of our customers’ success stories with portatour®.
Try portatour® – the online route planner for professional field reps!
In which cases do you need something other than portatour®?
- You transport goods from A to B
Then you might be looking for logistics software for deliveries. portatour® cannot take into account that goods must first be picked up from A and then transported to B.
- You are looking for a tool that divides your customers into individual sales territories
For the segmentation of your territories, we recommend tools for strategic territory planning. These tools allocate your customers into territories, which you subsequently import to portatour® for route planning.
- The majority of appointments is determined by your customers
If your schedule is mainly based on customer requests – e.g. in the case of service calls – then portatour® has no leeway to optimize the route. For this purpose, we recommend FLS MOBILE, the field service app developed by our sister company.
- Each rep visits more than 125 addresses per day
Even portatour® has its limits – (currently) portatour® cannot optimize more than 125 calls per day and field rep.
- A call center contacts many customers but only a few appointments are arranged
If your call center contacts many customers in order to make appointments but most customers decline, it is difficult to use portatour®.
- There is no fixed correlation between customers and field reps
You do not mind which rep visits which address? Whoever is nearby and has time is the most appropriate? Then you might be searching for a dispatching software.
- Your field reps walk, go by bike or use public transport
portatour® optimizes routes for vehicles (e.g. cars, trucks, motorbikes). You need a different route planning solution if your staff are walking (e.g. as distributors of advertising material), going by bike or on public transport.